Sunday, September 15, 2013

I posted on this comment on my find five friday but I wanted to come back to it. Is science just procedure and why? ((THIS IS NOT A COMMENT, THIS IS MY PERSONAL BELIEF)) No, not by a long shot. Surprisingly science is not often inspired on its own advances. Literacy works more then not are the inspiration behind many scientific advances. They are the hopes, dreams, or visions of people with very vivid imaginations.
       In my opinion many things that have become reality without the inspiration of Jules Verne. THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW WHO JULES VERNE IS, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. In my opinion some of his more influential books are From Earth to the Moon and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Which it should be pretty obvious what they inspired.
       Another great Science Fiction writer, that has influenced many scientist, is H. G. Wells. Some of his books include First Men in the Moon, The Invisible Man, and The Time Machine. Wells' books did a better job at explaining the processes behind the "fiction," that is now a possibility.
       Both of these authors have played key roles in inspiring scientist for years. Curiosity plays a the largest role in science and science fiction is just a good way to build that curiosity. Procedure only comes into play when the experiment happens.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that science is not just procedure, somebody had to go against the norm sometime or we would not have some of the inventions that we have today. I will have to look up Jules Verne because I am not familiar with him

    ReplyDelete